Vinyl flooring is one of the materials that can support the interior appearance of a room. This type of floor will make the floor of your home more attractive, because the types and motifs of vinyl floors are very diverse with various patterns and colors.
Vinyl flooring has several interesting motifs that you can adjust to the design of your room, such as wood, marble, natural stone, solid, etc. motifs with different sizes and qualities. This type of floor is also easy to find in building shops at affordable prices, therefore many are interested in using this one material. In addition, the easy installation of vinyl flooring is also one of the factors that many use it.
Well, before you decide to buy a vinyl floor, it’s a good idea to learn first tips and how to choose a durable and quality vinyl floor so that it can help you so you don’t choose the wrong one.
Tips How To Choose Vinyl Plank Flooring
1. Decide what type of vinyl flooring you want
The first thing you should do is determine what type of vinyl flooring you want. Usually this is adjusted to the design of the room you want to install the vinyl floor in. There are different types of vinyl floor surfaces, some have a textured surface, and some have a flat surface.
The type you will choose also depends on the location of the room itself, whether it is in the bedroom, kitchen or in another room. Because it will determine what type of vinyl flooring should be used.
2. Look for vinyl that has good durability
You need to pay attention, good and quality vinyl flooring must have high resistance to water, fire, resistance to scratches and hard impacts. Quality vinyl flooring is usually given a layer in the processing process so that it is able to not absorb fire.
The surface of this floor will remain smooth after burning and is easy to clean without leaving marks, because a good vinyl floor is one whose surface will not be hot or even burnt when burned / exposed to fire. In addition, good vinyl will also be resistant to scratches by sharp objects, such as chair/table legs, heels, etc. The surface of the vinyl floor will not leave excessive marks even if it has been scratched by sharp objects.
3. Choose a vinyl that is strong / not easily broken
The quality and also the level of durability of the vinyl floor is of course largely determined by the level of strength possessed by the vinyl.
4. Routine maintenance
If you want a vinyl floor that lasts even though it has been used for a long time, make sure you take care of it regularly to the maximum. Vinyl floor maintenance is quite easy and practical. You just need to sweep it with a regular broom or use a vacuum cleaner and mop it with a damp cloth regularly to clean it.
5. Make sure to choose a high-quality brand
The last and most important tip is to choose a vinyl flooring brand that has been tested for quality. Currently, there are many vinyl flooring products on the market from various brands, types, and thickness levels.
Advantages of Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl floors are made of 100% plastic so they are waterproof. This is what makes the use of vinyl flooring very broad. Not only indoors such as bedrooms but also for dry areas of the bathroom and outdoor areas such as terraces.
The waterproof properties of vinyl flooring also make it easy to clean and stain resistant making it suitable for high-traffic spaces such as kitchens. Vinyl flooring is also not prone to shrinkage like solid wood.
Vinyl Floor Care Tips
- For very simple maintenance, vinyl floors can be mopped with water. No need to worry about water seeping into the pores of the floor and causing damage or porous. Use a floor cleaner or a special vinyl cleaning fluid. Soaps, waxes or other cleaners can leave residue on the vinyl floor surface.
- Even though it is waterproof, that doesn’t mean that vinyl flooring can withstand being flooded or worse, flooding. Water can enter the undercoat of the vinyl floor through the existing gaps.
- If any food or drink is spilled, wipe it up immediately to avoid the risk of stains forming.
- Vinyl floors can tear if exposed to sharp objects or extreme friction. For example, when you move furniture, refrigerators or other heavy objects. If you have to move heavy items, place the plywood on the vinyl floor as a base for moving items to prevent the vinyl floor from being scratched.
- It’s even better if you use a carpet on a vinyl floor as a base for heavy furniture (sofa, mattress, wardrobe and the like).